Today’s business reaches across national and international borders, and the successful business leader understands this paradigm. This course will lead the student through discovery, analysis, and utilization of international business practices. In order to complete this course successfully, the student will identify and understand governmental policies, international organizations and competition as well as models for doing business in developing nations using culture in the decision-making process.
As a result of this course, the student will:
- Analyze global business initiatives
- Identify issues related to globalization from a variety of viewpoints
- Develop an ethical framework and analyze issues through that framework
- Identify, describe, and debate major themes concerning globalization, culture, and ethics
- Analyze teamwork dynamics across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Evaluate business culture and practices in developing nations