Master of Business Administration
An MBA opens doors in the business world, not solely because of the high-level of education but also due to the signal it sends that demonstrates you are committed to improvement. In the Nichols MBA program, you can grow as a professional and build your career without sacrificing your personal life. Our program is designed to help seamlessly balance your education with other priorities.
The Nichols College MBA is career-focused, with a curriculum concentrating on real-world issues that are directly applicable to your professional life. Choose the learning schedule that works for you – traditional classes, accelerated, or 100 percent online.
To obtain the MBA degree students must complete 36 credit hours. Students without an undergraduate degree in business may require additional courses prior to taking MBA courses.
Common Master Level Skills (12 credits)
- BUS 610, BUS 611, BUS 612 Experience Nichols - Learn.Lead.Suceed. (3) 1-credit courses
- BUS 615 Business Communications (3 credits)
- BUS 620 Cultural Awareness in Global Business Today (3 credits)
- BUS 625 Current Trends in Leadership (3 credits)
MBA Core Courses (15 Credits)
- MBA 705 Global Marketing and Data Analytics (3 credits)
- MBA 710 Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- MBA 715 & MBA 720 Operations Management & Cost Control (6 credits)
- MBA 800 Strategic Management (*capstone) (3 credits)
Electives/Master Certificates - (9 credits)
We will accept up to 9 credits of graduate level business electives from other accredited programs.
Advanced Critical Thinking and Decision-making
- MBA 730 Critical Thinking – MBA style (3 credits)
- MBA 740 Creative Decision Making (3 credits)
- MBA 750 Problem Solving and Analysis (3 credits)
- MBA 731 Group Health Care Design (GBA 1 from CEBS designation) (3 credits)
- MBA 741 Group Benefits Management (GBA 2 from CEBS designation) (3 credits)
- MBA 751 Retirement Plan Design (RPA 1 from CEBS designation) (3 credits)
Operations Management/Six Sigma
- MBA 732 Six Sigma/Lean Management (3 credits)
- MBA742 Advanced Six Sigma (3 credits)
- MBA 752 Advanced Project Management (3 credits)
International Business (provided by partner institution in Europe)
- Global Economic
- International Marketing
- Technology and Change Management
- GSB 702 Taxation for Managers
- GSB 703 Financial Reporting
- GSB 704 International Finance
- GSB 707 Investment and Securities
To be considered for the Nichols MBA program, please submit the following materials:
- Completed graduate application
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Current Resume
- Official college transcripts covering all prior undergraduate academic work
An 800-word personal statement answering the following questions:
- What do you hope to gain from a Nichols MBA?
- How do you see yourself contributing to the program?
- In what area do you plan to concentrate and why?
Unanswered questions about applying to the MBA program? Contact the Graduate and Professional Studies division at GPSAdmissions [at] Nichols [dot] edu or 800-243-3844.