William [dot] OBrien2 [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BA, German Language and Literature, George Washington University Ludwig-Maximilians Universität; Munich, Germany. Graduated with the equivalent of an American JD
- JD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- LLM, German Law, Ludwig-Maximilians Universität, Munich, German
A specialist in international transactional and intellectual property law, Professor William O’Brien has been teaching business law, international business and management classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels since 2005. In his private practice and as a General Counsel for Plaut Consulting, his duties include advising the company on all legal matters for the corporation; negotiating multi-million dollar transactions; coordinating and negotiating the sale of assets in the context of mergers and acquisitions; administering the firm’s immigration matters; and coordinating and prosecuting intellectual property rights. He also assists foreign corporations in adapting their businesses to the United States business environment.
Professor O’Brien currently teaches the following classes:
- Business Law
- Sport Law
- Management of Innovation and Change
- Author, Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements book
- General Corporate Council and Intellectual Property Attorney, Law Offices of William E. O’Brien (current)
- General Counsel, Plaut Consulting Inc., Waltham, Mass.
- Attorney Advisor, U.S. Department of Commerce, Patent and Trademark Office, Washington, DC
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In his spare time, he is an avid rower and a Level 1 US rowing certified coach. He also enjoys travelling and considers himself an enthusiastic foodie.