Associate Professor of Sport Management / Sport Management Program Chair
Tim [dot] Liptrap [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BS, Economics, Fitchburg State College
- MBA, Marketing, Southern New Hampshire University
- EdD, Education Leadership, University of Hartford
Before coming to Nichols, Dr. Liptrap spent 10 years working in the sport industry. He created very successful marketing campaigns, managed staff(s) up to 150 people, sold sponsorship ranging from $5,000-$6 million dollars. In addition, he has spoken to audiences of up to 900 people, organized multiple televised sporting events, ran political campaigns, and won a local city councilor election.
Dr. Liptrap works hard to arrange internships for Sport Management students at top level internships throughout the industry and country. Recent placements include the Boston Celtics, NE Patriots, NE Revolution, Worcester Sharks, NY Knicks, NY Rangers, Mohegan Sun Casinos, Providence Bruins, Portland Red Claws, and more.
His current area of academic research is the development of social media, online marketing, youth sports, fan development, and e-commerce applications for the sport industry.
Depending on the semester, Dr. Liptrap teaches the following courses at Nichols:
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Finance
- Sales and Sponsorship
- Social Media and E-Commerce
- Principles of Finance
- Business and Society
- Sport Practicum
- World TeamTennis, Vice President at (partnering with projects for Fox Sports, ABC Sports, and NBC Sports
- United States Tennis Association (USTA, National Marketing Manager
- USTA, Marketing Manager Named Top 40 Under 40 by Tennis Industry Magazine