Assistant Professor of Business and Law / Information Technology Management Program Chair
Nicholas [dot] Barnes [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BS, Management Information Systems, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- JD, Information and E-Commerce Law, University of New Hampshire School of Law
With a background as a technology consultant, project manager, intellectual property counsel, and general counsel for a software startup, Professor Barnes combines his love of law and technology and brings that experience into the classroom.
He teaches the following courses:
- Information Systems
- Information Security
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Computer Law & Ethics
- Social Media
- Learning to Lead
- Brighton House Associates, former General Counsel, Director of Compliance, Project Director
- Fidelity Investments (FMR Co.), former Trademark Associate
- Information Security and Technology Consultant
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In his spare time, Professor Barnes is an avid runner, surfer and ultimate Frisbee player.