Associate Professor of Accounting / General Business Program Chair
Marcia [dot] Behrens [at] nichols [dot] edu
Professor Behrens brings extensive accounting experience to the classroom. When she worked at Arthur Young & Company, her audit clients included manufacturing companies, insurance companies, municipalities, and non-profit organizations. She also worked in the company’s tax department, serving both individual and corporate clients, before transferring to tax full-time.
She moved to corporate finance when she accepted a position as a financial analyst at Bose Corporation and eventually served as Manager of Accounting for the Consumer Direct Division at the time the Acoustic Wave Music System was introduced. In addition to teaching, Professor Behrens continues her ongoing consulting work with non-profits and other organizations.
Professor Behrens teaches the following courses:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I, II and lll
- Federal Taxes
- Accounting Seminar (Non-Profit and Governmental Accounting)
- Managerial Accounting and Control (MBA)
- Taxation for Managers (MBA)
- Business and Society
- 4th Year Professional Development Seminar
- Arthur Young & Company, CPA , Auditor
- Bose Corporation, former Financial Analyst and Accounting Manager
- McDonnell and Associates, former Tax Accountant
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In her spare time, Professor Behrens enjoys golf and traveling, particularly if they are together! She also enjoys watching Boston sports whether it’s the Red Sox, Bruins, Patriots or Celtics, and supporting the Nichols athletic teams. Go Bison!