Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice Management Program Chair
Kimberly [dot] Chabonneau [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BS, Justice Studies/Sociology, Rhode Island College
- MS, Administration of Justice, Salve Regina University
- MPA, (Master of Public Administration), University of Rhode Island
Professor Charbonneau brings her real-life experience to the Criminal Justice program in a number of areas including teaching in the classroom, mentoring, and preparing students for internship and job opportunities. She also is a Justice of the Peace and a Notary Public commissioned in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
She enjoys researching issues relating to: Women and Incarceration; Police Officer Suicide; Women’s Leadership; Prison Design; and Correctional Leadership.
Professor Charbonneau teaches the following classes, depending on the semester:
- Crime, Justice, and Society
- American Corrections
- Correctional Leadership
- Criminal Law
- Physical Security
- Security Investigations
- Terrorism/Homeland Security
- Women Who Kill
- Professional Development Seminar (CJM seniors)
- Senior Seminar
- Former Rhode Island Deputy Sheriff
- Former Director of Training and Development, Wyatt Detention Facility
- Former Investigator, RI Attorney General’s Office, Medicaid Fraud Division
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In her free time, she is always outside, enjoying all that life has to offer! Wherever there is a challenging trail, she loves to ride her mountain bike that she calls “Ruby.”