Assistant Professor of English
James [dot] Deys [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BA, English, SUNY Fredonia
- MA, English, Binghamton University
- PhD, English Literature, Binghamton University
- “Rethinking Writing for the Career-Oriented College” (in cooperation with other faculty and students)
- “Confessional Space in the Office and Modern Family”
Before coming to Nichols in the fall of 2010, Dr. Deys taught at Binghamton University. In addition to teaching a wide range of courses, he has presented at a number of conferences.
He teaches the following courses:
- Expository Writing
- Seminar: Humor in American Culture
- Seminar: History of Rock n’ Roll
- Non-Fiction Writing
- Effective Speaking
- Music 266: Pop, Soul, & Rock n’ Roll
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, reading, all things guitar related, music and the visceral response, and pondering time, space, and being in the world.