Assistant Professor of Education / Educator Preparation Program Chair
Diane [dot] Bemis [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BS, Biology, Boston State College
- MEd, Science Concentration, Boston State College
- PhD, School Administration, Boston College (B.C.)
With 40 years’ experience working in Massachusetts public schools, Dr. Bemis has served as a middle school science teacher, K-8 school science teacher and a high school Biology, Anatomy & Physiology and Sports Medicine teacher. She has also served as a high school building administrator, a district-wide Director of Curriculum PK-12, an Assistant Superintendent of Schools, and a Superintendent of Schools.
In addition, Dr. Bemis continues to serve as an adjunct professor at a number of colleges in their graduate-level programs. She continues to work with school districts as a consultant in Strategic Planning, New Teacher Mentor training and Leadership training.
Dr. Bemis brings her extensive experience and passion for educational excellence to the classroom and teaches:
- Communication and Technology in the classroom
- English Language Learners (new)
- Effective Speaking
- Superintendent, Littleton Public Schools
- Assistant Superintendent/Director of Curriculum PK-12, Bridgewater-Raynham Regional School District
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In her free time, Dr. Bemis loves to knit and crochet, garden and do home canning. She is also an avid swimmer.