Assistant Professor of English / Administrative Director of the Honors Scholar Program
kellie [dot] deys [at] nichols [dot] edu
- BA, English, State University of New York, Fredonia College
- MA, English, Binghamton University
- PhD, English Literature, Binghamton University
Before coming to Nichols in the fall of 2010, Dr. Kellie Deys taught at Binghamton University. Her dissertation was an interdisciplinary project which examined film, literature, and popular cultural texts.
Dr. Deys enjoys working with students of all levels and majors and depending on the semester teaches the following courses:
- Expository Writing
- Analytical Writing
- Popular Culture
- Professional Writing
- Non-Fiction Writing
- Young Adult Literature
- Teaching Young Adult Literature
- Using Popular Culture to Unlock Agency in the Classroom
- Rethinking the Role of Writing at the Career-Oriented College
- Co-Opting Resistance in Dove and Nike Ad Campaigns
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
Her many areas of interest include cultural studies, composition, gender studies, and Victorian Literature.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her daughter, reading, and taking walks. She hopes to find time to return to her drum set and to rocking out with her husband.