Bryant [dot] Richards [at] nichols [dot] edu
Professor Bryant Richards has more than 16 years of internal audit, accounting, and finance experience. As Director of Corporate Governance for the Mohegan Tribe, he is responsible for Internal Auditing, Record Retention, and Compliance at the Mohegan Sun, including the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority. The Authority, a $1.4 billion dollar enterprise, consists of a tribal gaming facility in Connecticut, Mohegan Sun and a commercial gaming operation in Pennsylvania, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs.
As a certified internal auditor and CPA, Professor Richards was previously a Manager at Ernst & Young within the Business Risk Services practices. There he was responsible for leading internal audit, contract assurance and Sarbanes Oxley projects for a number of clients within New England.
Professor Bryant teaches the following classes at Nichols:
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Resort and Conference Management
- Hospitality Facility Operations
- Human Resources Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Issues in Hospitality
- Internship in Hospitality Management (Advisor)
- Director of Corporate Governance, Mohegan Tribe (Mohegan Sun—Connecticut & Pennsylvania) (current)
- Ernst & Young, Former Manager, Business Risk Services
- Lucent Technologies, former Internal Audit Manager, Murray Hill, New Jersey
Hobbies, Activities, etc.
In his spare time, he enjoys reading and spending time with his family.